This subtlely lit relaxation centre welcomes guests with the soothing sounds of sensual music, or birdsong, and provides a welcome respite from the outside world, in a choice of:-
- Menthol, herb, steam, salt and floral inhalation rooms
- A caldarium and tepidarium, with heated stone benches, relaxing music and comfortable surroundings
- Alternatively hot and cold watery walkways, to invigorate through the feet
- Warm relaxation benches
- A jacuzzi hot-tub with plenty of room to relax or chat
- Massage showers with pulsing jets, both Arctic and tropical
- Solarium with gentle warming lamps
- A snow cave with real snow, year round, and if that’s not cold enough, plunge in the icy cold pool
- Dry heat Finnish sauna
- Classical massage – the oldest massage treatment to improve blood circulation and invigorate skin and muscles to release harmful toxins from the body.
- Reflexology massage – uses gentle pressure and massage of the body’s pressure points to re-align and balance, clear congested energy channels and expel undesirable substances.
- Relaxing massage – a soothing massage with relaxing oils, accompanied by soft music to relax mind and body
- Mobilisation – A massage to stimulate lymphatic ducts and lymph movement, cleaning the body and helping to expel toxins. Effects are enhanced for those who also participate in Cryotherapy.
- Honey massage – a unique detoxification and revitalization massage that promotes health and encourages a softening of the skin.
- Hot Stones – heated lava stones are placed on strategic points on the body, after which the stones are used to gently massage using special techniques.
- Anticelulite massage – includes special massage techniques with elements of lymph drainage to eliminate cellulite for seating, the thigh muscles and legs.
- Chocolate massage – a special type of massage that optimises the beneficial effects of chocolate. Cocoa reduces blood pressure and stroke risk and has an excellent rejuvenating effect.
- Turf wrap – Specially gathered peat stimulates and cleanses the skin cells, to provide antibacterial benefits and enhance immunity. This massage improves circulation and alleviates muscle and joint pain.
- Flasks – These special vacuum `cups‘ stimulate the supply of blood to the body’s tissues to aid relaxation of stiff muscles and reduce pain.
- Bioptron-on therapy uses light to stimulate positive biological processes in the body.
- Detox – a device that uses the healing ability of water. Pollutants are eliminated from the body through the 2,000 pores on foot sole.
- CLASSIC THAI MASSAGE (Nuad thai) This is a wonderful and traditional treatment which dates back over 2,500 years, utilising the knowledge and concept of `Sen’ energy flows in the body. By applying pressure on crusial acupressure points using their thumbs, palms, forearms, feet, and knees, our masseuses stimulate blood and lymph flow in the body to rid you of the feeling of fatigue and eliminate muscle spasms and nervous tension. This relaxing and therapeutic massage also involves flexing and passive stretching of individual parts of the body utilizing elements of yoga.
- HOT HERBAL MASSAGE (Rít tee) Our special hot herbal massage is excellent for treating stiff, painful and strained muscles; back pains, rheumatism, chronic pains or injuries, disorders of internal organs, skin diseases, migraines, chronic stress and neuroses. During the treatment a sachet of hot, steamed Thai herbs is gently massaged into the skin. The heat of the compress encourages the pores to open and allows the anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects of the herbs to spread deep into the muscle tissue, while having a stimulating, relaxing and invigorating effect on the body and the mind, to increase natural energy levels.
- REFLEXOLOGY FOOT MASSAGE (Sook dee) Over seven thousand nerve endings are located in the feet, each one corresponding to a specific part of the body. By massaging and stimulating reflex points on the feet individual corresponding parts of the body are affected, improving metabolism and blood flow, harmonising, detoxifying and rejuvenating.
- AROMATIC OIL THAI MASSAGE (Fan dee)Using a combination of touch and smell during this wonderfully stimulating and relaxing treatment your masseuse will select a carefully chosen blend of tropical scents and use a thousand year old culture to devise the best possible aromatic massage. Herbs and oils are brought from Thailand and the Thai healing culture is used to envelop the body in an aromatic mist, while the oil massage stimulates the blood flow.
This alternative healing method uses color and light to achieve physical, emotional, spiritual and mental balance and has a long tradition in medicine. Treatment by color and light has been used since earliest times and has its beginnings back in ancient Egyptian and Chinese civilizations. In the Blue Sapphire pools at AquaCity color effects are used in massage pools in conjunction with healing geothermal water, in order to maximize the impact of soothing colours on the mental and physical balance.
Colour therapy is based on the concept that each creature consists of five basic elements: earth, water, air, fire and ether (space). An individual‘s colours are closely linked to personality and character and varies from person to person. Any disruption of the balance, either an unhealthy lifestyle, or external influences, can lead to disease. Ayurveda uses the energy contained in the colors of the spectrum to rebalance these elements.
- Purple is the color of enlightenment, inspiration and an awakening the spirit. Holistic healers use violet for pain management, organs, muscle relaxation and to calm the nervous system.
- Indigo helps intuition, soothes pain, it calms, promotes blood circulation in the body and helps prevent cancer.
- Blue facilitates communication and learning. It eliminates toxins and helps heal liver disorders and jaundice.
- Green, situated in the middle of the spectrum is associated with balance. Green calms and practicing ayurveda doctors use it in healing ulcers. It has antiseptic, germicides and antibacterial effects. Sometimes it is used by holistic healers in the treatment of bacterial infections.
- Yellow stimulates the receptors. It represents wisdom and clarity. It has antibacterial properties and helps the digestive tract and lymphatic system.
- Orange stimulates pleasure, passion and sexuality. It is used for its antibacterial effects, and helps digestive system disorders (eg, flatulence, cramps).
- Red represents power, it strengthens and encourages. It helps blood circulation and encourages the production of red blood cells.
Put yourself in our hands
Well manicured nails and soft, cared for hands are an important part of an overall image. In the pleasant and harmonious environment of Aqua City’s spa we offer peeling and wraps to enhance fingernail strength and help soften hands, making them more youthful and attractive.
- Wet and dry manicures
- Paraffin wraps, hand peeling and relaxing massages of hands and forearms
- Acylic nails, nail painting and decorating
Foot Spa treatments
When you spend time at AquaCity’s spa, you can show your feet anytime and anywhere. Nicely shaped nails and feet stripped of hardened skin look great in summer sandals, attractively painted or decorated. We start with a hot foot bath, followed by a pleasant massage to stimulate the many nerve endings to give all over relief from every day stress and return them to vitality and lightness.
- Classic Pedicure – Jacuzzi, dry pedicures, paraffin wrap, relaxing foot massage, nail polishing and painting
- wellness pedicure, bubble bath, peeling, nourishing cream, massage, paraffin wrap, painting