Under medical supervision, participants spend up to three minutes in a `Cryo‘ chamber chilled to -120 ° C, while wearing specially moisture free clothing, followed by intense exercise to rapidly warm up the body. A process known as `kinesitherapy‘. The extremes of temperature stimulate natural production of enzymes and hormones to kick start the body’s healing and regeneration process.
- CryoTherapy : How does it work? During the procedure the body temperature drops only about 0.5 ° C while skin temperature by around 3 ° C. Exposure to extreme cold conditions encourages the nerve endings to respond, increasing hormone production and metabolism and reducing the sensation of pain. The process stimulates the release the body’s own corticosteroids in the quantities necessary to eliminate the inflammatory processes and stimulate pain inhibitors that include `happy‘ hormones, including endorphins, adrenaline, testosterone and many others.
- CryoTherapy : The procedure. On arrival guests are given moisture free clothing that includes a T-shirt, shorts, headbands, gloves, socks, clogs and a mask to the nose and mouth. Following a medical overview, participants spend up to 30 seconds in the pre-chamber at a temperature of 60 ° C, before entering an inner door to pass through into the main CryoTherapy chamber, where the temperature is around – 120 ° C. Particpants are in audio visual contact with the practitioner through a glazed screen and are instructed to move slowly, avoiding skin contact. After two, maximum three minutes, exit is again via the ante-chamber to avoid sudden changing temperatures. After leaving the chamber 20 minutes intense exercise raises skin and body temperature again.
- CryoTherapy : The effects – Scientific research and practical studies have produced excellent results for the improvement of a vast range of conditions, including: inflammatory musculoskeletal diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever), degenerative diseases of the spine and joints (arthritis), diseases of the intervertebral discs, back pain, rheumatism, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, changes in muscles, joints and tendons after injury (contusion, hematoma, etc.), paralysis, spastic contractures of the limbs, primary and secondary osteoporosis, arthritis and arthrosis, fibromyalgia (pain in joints, soft tissue), cellulitis, difficulty in menopause primary and secondary inflammation, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, post cerebral palsy, degenerative changes as a result of nerve motor system disorders, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, migraines and symptoms of depression, erectile dysfunction
AquaCity’s fitness centre offers a range of fitness equipment, including cardio machines, treadmills, cycling and rowing simulators, weights and benches in a comfortable, easy to use environment, under the auspices of experienced instructors. Combining exercise with fun, AquaCity’s investment in equipment, training staff, comfortable changing facilities and a pleasant training environment creates a pleasant to wind down the mind and tone up the body.
- SPINNING ® is an energy efficient group exercise on stationary bicycles which combines music, motivation and exercise into a single unit with the support of a competent trainer. This unique cycling program offers physical and psychological sports coaching to people of all ages and fitness levels.
- SPINNING is ideal for those who want to maintain or improve their core fitness in a simple and fun way.
- SPINNING is an ideal way to lose weight. In one 45-minute lesson it’s possible to burn 400-600 calories, 12 times more than in aerobics, without stressing joints and tendons.
- SPINNING Regular training will help to reduce weight and increase strength.
- AquaCity’s SPINNING program provides training for all types of sports and enhance endurance, speed, strength and interval training.
Have fun with your friends and try out some summer sports – beach volleyball, beach soccer or badminton. The entertainment and sport area is an ideal place for fun with friends. Two playgrounds offer beach volleyball, beach soccer, badminton and minigolf. During the summer you can try zumba or capofit (dancing), compete with our animators (children’s entertainers) or try one of the inflatable attractions – bouncy castles, trampolines, archery, airsoft or toy cars for children.
The Kema Beach is a sandy beach with sea sand, deckchairs, umbrellas and a beach bar with exotic music, for those who want to indulge in holiday relaxation under the High Tatras.
The outdoor area can also be used to organize team-building events, training, sports activities, business games, as well as family reunions, professional or amateur sport competitions and tournaments.
Close to AquaCity there is a football stadium, ice rink and tennis courts for sports activities.
Olympic size pool (50m)
An ideal place for passionate athletes and swimming camps/training. Improve your health and condition swimming in the 50m swimming pool with lanes and starter blocks.Improve your fitness and strengthen your vitality and health. Get to know our swimming centre for passionate athletes. AquaCity is the only resort with hotels and a 50m swimming pool, the perfect combination for people who love swimming.
With the water temperature of 26-28 ° C, depth of 1.2 m to 1.8 m and 8 lanes it is an ideal place for sporting workouts. The 50m swimming pool, with lanes and starter blocks, meets with the standards of international sports and is ideal for training and competitions.
Near the swimming pool are steam saunas with high humidity, where you can enjoy a rest and relax your body aiding the removal of pollutants from your body and helping to purify your skin.
Water is one of the most important natural resources in the world. It is the primary source of energy for heating the complex and is the heart of AquaCity. It is the key to fun and relaxation at AquaCity.
THE POWER SOURCE FOR AQUACITY
Water pumped from underground geothermal natural lakes is fed into AquaCity with an initial temperature around 49 ° C. In large high-tech water exchangers it releases its heat, which is assigned to the hotel and resort buildings. Water in the pools, showers and water supply is under constant/strict supervision and impurities are removed using the same natural filtering systems based on UV, which are used for drinking water.
WATER FRIENDLY TO SKIN
The use of chemicals is kept to the bare minimum in pools, bathrooms and showers therefore the water remains soft on your skin, eyes and is also environmentally friendly. To minimize the amount of chemicals needed, new pools are constructed using stainless steel, not concrete, thereby reducing the need for chlorination by about 90%.
The Geothermal springs in AquaCity are 1,300 meters beneath the earth’s surface. They are more than 15,000 years old and produce some of the cleanest thermal water containing more than 20 minerals when coming to the surface.The natural thermal water in AquaCity has been championed by many as water that has healing powers. The water temperature above 42 ° C brings this water into the ranks of the hot water.
Based on the mineralogical composition being rich in calcium, magnesium, sodium and carbon dioxide, the natural thermal water in AquaCity has been championed by many as water with healing properties. The water temperature above 42 ° C brings this water into the ranks of the hot water.
Aiding recovery is possible with external balneotherapy, which goes back to the dawn of civilization as a treatment, and indications of its therapeutic use are based on the physiological effects of heat:
- positive impact on the skin and blood circulation to the skin
- positive impact on the cardiovascular system
- positive impact on metabolism
- positive impact on the inner body
- positive impact of thermal stimuli to the nervous – muscular system